Thursday, May 14, 2009

Like OR As.

SIMILES.
METAPHORS.

This boggles my tiny teenage mind.  During english class Vargas asked us to define a metaphor and it's one thing that is compared to another thing NOT using like or as.  Why am I going on about this?  I now realize that I have trouble making metaphors.  Like why does it even make a difference? Isn't it the same thing? She is like a rose. She is a rose.  Dosen't that convey the same message? I sat there dumfounded when he then asked us to make a metaphor. Point is rose is a rose! Beautiful ,but could still hurt you with it's thorns. So why does it make a difference if you use like or as if they embody the same thing? 

Off that extremely random note,
I guess the point was taken ,but some of the lead hasn't hit the paper yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment